SIO International Holdings, Ltd. (SIO International) is a holding company, incorporated under the law of Cayman Islands in May of 2012, whose primary investments, as of December 31, 2016, are a 53% ownership in Sakai Display Products Corporation (SDP) and an 8.45% ownership in Sharp Corporation. SIO International also markets and sells InFocus displays and Sharp home appliance products in Taiwan.
SIO International has assets of $1.3 billion, including a $1.2 billion investment in SDP and Sharp Corporation and $45 million in annual revenues. The estimated net worth of privately held company is $1.0 billion.
SDP develops, manufactures, and distributes liquid crystal display (LCD) panels, including high-end TV and LCD digital displays and LCD color filters. SDP has developed the first 10th generation glass substrate. The glass substrates cover a 9 square meter area and each substrate can be used to produce eight 60-inch LCD Displays, six 70-inch LCD displays or two 120-inch LCD displays, that can provide 4K and 5K resolutions.
SDP was formerly known as Sharp Display Products Corporation and changed its name to Sakai Display Products Corporation in July 2012. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Japan. Sharp Corporation sold majority ownership of SDP to SIO International in 2012, and as of December 31, 2016, still owns 27 % of SDP.
In January 2017, it was reported that SIO International and Sharp Corporation were looking at undergoing an initial public offering (IPO) of SDP.
SDP/SIO International has manufacturing plants in Japan and operations in Taiwan.
- Trade War: Foxconn Exiting China? June 17, 2019
- State DOJ Seeks to Block EPA From Foxconn Ozone Standards June 13, 2019
- Foxconn Says it Will Build Servers & Other Electronics in WI June 12, 2019
- Retail/Hospitality Center Proposed Near Foxconn Site June 10, 2019
- New Details Emerge on Foxconn’s Wisconsin Factory June 7, 2019
- Foxconn Building Height Permit to Go to Public Hearing June 6, 2019
- Huawei Denies Cut to Foxconn Production Lines June 5, 2019
- Foxconn Freezes Huawei Handset Fabrication June 3, 2019
- Foxconn Awards Contracts to ‘Wisconsin’ Firms May 30, 2019
- EPA Backs Away from Smog Breaks for Foxconn May 28, 2019