A Foxconn executive and his wife in the process of purchasing a home paid more than a quarter-million dollars to a man posing as a representative of a Racine title company, according to court records…
They were following instructions from [a] bogus email address to send the funds to the account of a “John Tata” that was set up at Chase Bank.
However, an investigation by Milwaukee police revealed that Tata is actually Charles E. Kuti, who is in custody in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for a similar scam, according to the affidavit.
- Highway 11 Traffic Shift as Foxconn Project Continues July 10, 2020
- Fact Check: Gwen Moore is Wrong Expecting 13,000 Jobs from Foxconn Already March 12, 2020
- WI Foxconn Plant Nears Finish: Lawmakers Want Clarity February 25, 2020
- Gov Evers: Foxconn Showing More Transparency January 16, 2020
- Foxconn Confident It Will Get Tax Credits This Year December 13, 2019
- Foxconn Contracts Top $350M December 2, 2019
- Foxconn Teaches Wisconsin Managers Chinese in Taiwan November 19, 2019
- Foxconn in Wisconsin Could Help Trump in 2020 November 7, 2019
- Foxconn ‘Earn & Learn Program’ – Hiring Students Full-Time October 7, 2019
- Foxconn and University of Illinois Strike Up $100 Million Deal October 3, 2019