Our newly elected politicians and activists had better be careful unless we want Wisconsin to be another New York City. Amazon decided against building a campus there with lots of good-paying jobs.
New U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other New York officials were successful in chasing Amazon with its 25,000 jobs to another state. The decision also eliminates all the good union jobs created by the construction itself. They do not need to locate where they are not wanted.
Neither does Foxconn, with its 13,000 good-paying jobs and $10 billion campus and administration projects. Every job created by the project results in tax revenue. I hope Amazon considers coming to Wisconsin and helps keep our new college graduates in our state. Wouldn’t that be great?
- Foxconn’s $100 Million Promise Falling Short September 17, 2019
- Key Foxconn Executive Steps Down September 6, 2019
- Owners Near Foxconn Claim They Were Misled September 3, 2019
- US-China Trade War Could Benefit Foxconn in Wisconsin August 29, 2019
- Let’s Ditch Foxconn & Pursue REAL Economic Growth August 26, 2019
- Foxconn’s Gift From Electric Customers August 23, 2019
- Foxconn’s Vertical Construction of ‘Fab” Plant Walls Begins August 21, 2019
- Foxconn Execs & WI Officials Meet – No Details Released August 16, 2019
- Foxconn Used Illegal Child Labor for Amazon Devices August 12, 2019
- Study Shows Foxconn Jobs Are Not Worth the Cost August 8, 2019