Our newly elected politicians and activists had better be careful unless we want Wisconsin to be another New York City. Amazon decided against building a campus there with lots of good-paying jobs.
New U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other New York officials were successful in chasing Amazon with its 25,000 jobs to another state. The decision also eliminates all the good union jobs created by the construction itself. They do not need to locate where they are not wanted.
Neither does Foxconn, with its 13,000 good-paying jobs and $10 billion campus and administration projects. Every job created by the project results in tax revenue. I hope Amazon considers coming to Wisconsin and helps keep our new college graduates in our state. Wouldn’t that be great?
- Foxconn in Wisconsin Could Help Trump in 2020 November 7, 2019
- Foxconn ‘Earn & Learn Program’ – Hiring Students Full-Time October 7, 2019
- Foxconn and University of Illinois Strike Up $100 Million Deal October 3, 2019
- As Economy Teeters, Trump’s ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’ Wobbles With It October 1, 2019
- Foxconn Holding Job Fair & ‘Tech Talk’ at UWM September 24, 2019
- Foxconn Smart Manufacturing Center Approved September 20, 2019
- Foxconn’s $100 Million Promise Falling Short September 17, 2019
- Key Foxconn Executive Steps Down September 6, 2019
- Owners Near Foxconn Claim They Were Misled September 3, 2019
- US-China Trade War Could Benefit Foxconn in Wisconsin August 29, 2019