Economic skirmishes among the states are taking a heavy toll on state and local treasuries. Halting the interstate war over jobs can and should be a cause that attracts conservatives as well as liberals.
Inspired by the withdrawal of Amazon.com’s plans for a 2nd headquarters in New York City, and by the potential debacle of Foxconn’s broken promises in Wisconsin, Good Jobs First is proposing a way to end the economic war among the states.
What is this war? It is a battle where states and local governments bid against each other for economic development projects in a way that has served the corporate interest above the interest of citizens…
- Highway 11 Traffic Shift as Foxconn Project Continues July 10, 2020
- Fact Check: Gwen Moore is Wrong Expecting 13,000 Jobs from Foxconn Already March 12, 2020
- WI Foxconn Plant Nears Finish: Lawmakers Want Clarity February 25, 2020
- Gov Evers: Foxconn Showing More Transparency January 16, 2020
- Foxconn Confident It Will Get Tax Credits This Year December 13, 2019
- Foxconn Contracts Top $350M December 2, 2019
- Foxconn Teaches Wisconsin Managers Chinese in Taiwan November 19, 2019
- Foxconn in Wisconsin Could Help Trump in 2020 November 7, 2019
- Foxconn ‘Earn & Learn Program’ – Hiring Students Full-Time October 7, 2019
- Foxconn and University of Illinois Strike Up $100 Million Deal October 3, 2019