Economic skirmishes among the states are taking a heavy toll on state and local treasuries. Halting the interstate war over jobs can and should be a cause that attracts conservatives as well as liberals.
Inspired by the withdrawal of Amazon.com’s plans for a 2nd headquarters in New York City, and by the potential debacle of Foxconn’s broken promises in Wisconsin, Good Jobs First is proposing a way to end the economic war among the states.
What is this war? It is a battle where states and local governments bid against each other for economic development projects in a way that has served the corporate interest above the interest of citizens…
- Foxconn Execs & WI Officials Meet – No Details Released August 16, 2019
- Foxconn Used Illegal Child Labor for Amazon Devices August 12, 2019
- Study Shows Foxconn Jobs Are Not Worth the Cost August 8, 2019
- Foxconn’s Impact on Racine Growth & Development August 5, 2019
- Foxconn Construction Contracts Continue August 2, 2019
- As Population Increases in Racine Due to Foxconn, So Will Crime July 29, 2019
- Foxconn in Wisconsin – Two Years Later July 26, 2019
- Foxconn Factory Failure? July 24, 2019
- U.S. House Committee Holds Meeting in Wheeling to Discuss Foxconn July 22, 2019
- Foxconn Has a New CEO – Terry Gou Steps Down June 25, 2019