Seeking to provide homes for Foxconn Technology Group workers in Racine County, two developers propose 240 apartments and a 203-lot subdivision in Union Grove; an eight-minute drive west of the electronics company’s future plant.
The 160-acre project would also include 80 units of senior housing, according to a proposal submitted to Union Grove on Feb. 20. The proposal is by Kenosha-based Bear Development LLC and Newport Development Corp., Racine, which owns most of the proposed “Canopy Hills” project site southwest of South Colony Avenue and 58th Road.
“Canopy Hills provides the village a once-in-a-generation opportunity to capture a significant number of new residents given its proximity to Foxconn’s new manufacturing campus,” the proposal to Union Grove said, citing the construction and manufacturing jobs the Foxconn campus would create.
“This significant amount of job growth will create a ripple effect throughout Racine County, especially Union Grove,” it said.
An official at Bear Development was not available for comment…
- Mount Pleasant Approves Two Foxconn “Spinoff” Projects May 20, 2019
- Foxconn’s iPhone Assemblers in China Start at $3.15/Hour May 16, 2019
- Foxconn Innovation Centers Are STILL EMPTY May 13, 2019
- “Money Mama” Could Succeed Gou at Foxconn May 9, 2019
- Foxconn’s Promised PA Jobs – What Happened? May 8, 2019
- Foxconn Wins Approval of ‘Trade Secret’ Building Plans May 7, 2019
- Gou ‘Not Afraid’ of Shutting Down Factories in China May 6, 2019
- Milwaukee Police Say Foxconn Fraudster May Be in Custody May 3, 2019
- After Trump & Evers Visits, Gou Says Factory Moving Forward May 2, 2019
- Foxconn Investing in MicroLED Tech for iPhones May 1, 2019