Seeking to provide homes for Foxconn Technology Group workers in Racine County, two developers propose 240 apartments and a 203-lot subdivision in Union Grove; an eight-minute drive west of the electronics company’s future plant.
The 160-acre project would also include 80 units of senior housing, according to a proposal submitted to Union Grove on Feb. 20. The proposal is by Kenosha-based Bear Development LLC and Newport Development Corp., Racine, which owns most of the proposed “Canopy Hills” project site southwest of South Colony Avenue and 58th Road.
“Canopy Hills provides the village a once-in-a-generation opportunity to capture a significant number of new residents given its proximity to Foxconn’s new manufacturing campus,” the proposal to Union Grove said, citing the construction and manufacturing jobs the Foxconn campus would create.
“This significant amount of job growth will create a ripple effect throughout Racine County, especially Union Grove,” it said.
An official at Bear Development was not available for comment…
- Foxconn Has a New CEO – Terry Gou Steps Down June 25, 2019
- Trade War: Foxconn Exiting China? June 17, 2019
- State DOJ Seeks to Block EPA From Foxconn Ozone Standards June 13, 2019
- Foxconn Says it Will Build Servers & Other Electronics in WI June 12, 2019
- Retail/Hospitality Center Proposed Near Foxconn Site June 10, 2019
- New Details Emerge on Foxconn’s Wisconsin Factory June 7, 2019
- Foxconn Building Height Permit to Go to Public Hearing June 6, 2019
- Huawei Denies Cut to Foxconn Production Lines June 5, 2019
- Foxconn Freezes Huawei Handset Fabrication June 3, 2019
- Foxconn Awards Contracts to ‘Wisconsin’ Firms May 30, 2019