Seeking to provide homes for Foxconn Technology Group workers in Racine County, two developers propose 240 apartments and a 203-lot subdivision in Union Grove; an eight-minute drive west of the electronics company’s future plant.
The 160-acre project would also include 80 units of senior housing, according to a proposal submitted to Union Grove on Feb. 20. The proposal is by Kenosha-based Bear Development LLC and Newport Development Corp., Racine, which owns most of the proposed “Canopy Hills” project site southwest of South Colony Avenue and 58th Road.
“Canopy Hills provides the village a once-in-a-generation opportunity to capture a significant number of new residents given its proximity to Foxconn’s new manufacturing campus,” the proposal to Union Grove said, citing the construction and manufacturing jobs the Foxconn campus would create.
“This significant amount of job growth will create a ripple effect throughout Racine County, especially Union Grove,” it said.
An official at Bear Development was not available for comment…
- Gov Evers: Foxconn Showing More Transparency January 16, 2020
- Foxconn Confident It Will Get Tax Credits This Year December 13, 2019
- Foxconn Contracts Top $350M December 2, 2019
- Foxconn Teaches Wisconsin Managers Chinese in Taiwan November 19, 2019
- Foxconn in Wisconsin Could Help Trump in 2020 November 7, 2019
- Foxconn ‘Earn & Learn Program’ – Hiring Students Full-Time October 7, 2019
- Foxconn and University of Illinois Strike Up $100 Million Deal October 3, 2019
- As Economy Teeters, Trump’s ‘Eighth Wonder of the World’ Wobbles With It October 1, 2019
- Foxconn Holding Job Fair & ‘Tech Talk’ at UWM September 24, 2019
- Foxconn Smart Manufacturing Center Approved September 20, 2019