Jim and Kim Mahoney feel as though they have been steamrolled before they could even find out what was going to happen to their future. Now, when they ask about the future of their home they are treated as though their lives are none of their own business.
They have gone back and forth with various people representing the Foxconn project and our elected officials- all have offered them crumbs of information like they are the Lazarus of Racine County.
At one point, Mrs. Mahoney stated, “Everyone things we are just getting rich and being greedy and that could not be farther from the truth. We just want a fair price for our property.”
Foxconn has certainly had its share of Public Relations problems- in the name of all that is right, an honest negotiation and doctrine of fairness is certainly not too much to ask.
Instead they have been addressed with dismissive arrogance and political techniques and posturing. Real progress should not be so ugly.
The assumption by the Mt. Pleasant Village Board of Trustees seems to have been that there starting point with area residents is to be adversarial. Instead of trusting their constituents first and negotiating openly and honestly, they handed out a document to tell them they did not have to negotiate- they could take their homes from them by using eminent domain.
Since that time, they have made no effort to lead the communication and have presented a litany of legal angles to maneuver around open and honest negotiation with their own constituents- their own residents- their neighbors.
Read the other parts of the series here:
- Key Foxconn Executive Steps Down September 6, 2019
- Owners Near Foxconn Claim They Were Misled September 3, 2019
- US-China Trade War Could Benefit Foxconn in Wisconsin August 29, 2019
- Let’s Ditch Foxconn & Pursue REAL Economic Growth August 26, 2019
- Foxconn’s Gift From Electric Customers August 23, 2019
- Foxconn’s Vertical Construction of ‘Fab” Plant Walls Begins August 21, 2019
- Foxconn Execs & WI Officials Meet – No Details Released August 16, 2019
- Foxconn Used Illegal Child Labor for Amazon Devices August 12, 2019
- Study Shows Foxconn Jobs Are Not Worth the Cost August 8, 2019
- Foxconn’s Impact on Racine Growth & Development August 5, 2019