It can be daunting to see your home pop up on a map involved in a large construction project- especially one the size of Foxconn.
On November 16, 2017, the Mahoneys were given a draft of a plat map by Sam Schultz, the Mt. Pleasant Community Development Manager. The same plat map was given to the Mahoney’s neighbors.
On November 21, the official relocation orders were filed with the Racine County Clerk- the Mahoneys and other neighbors are of the opinion that the relocation orders are simply not valid because they do not represent the ones which were approved by the Village Board.
To add to this, Kim Mahoney has posed a question regarding jurisdiction- the relocation orders and plat involve Highway H and KR. So, should these plans not be subject to the approval of the governing authority- the county?
Read the other parts of the series here:
- Key Foxconn Executive Steps Down September 6, 2019
- Owners Near Foxconn Claim They Were Misled September 3, 2019
- US-China Trade War Could Benefit Foxconn in Wisconsin August 29, 2019
- Let’s Ditch Foxconn & Pursue REAL Economic Growth August 26, 2019
- Foxconn’s Gift From Electric Customers August 23, 2019
- Foxconn’s Vertical Construction of ‘Fab” Plant Walls Begins August 21, 2019
- Foxconn Execs & WI Officials Meet – No Details Released August 16, 2019
- Foxconn Used Illegal Child Labor for Amazon Devices August 12, 2019
- Study Shows Foxconn Jobs Are Not Worth the Cost August 8, 2019
- Foxconn’s Impact on Racine Growth & Development August 5, 2019