It can be daunting to see your home pop up on a map involved in a large construction project- especially one the size of Foxconn.
On November 16, 2017, the Mahoneys were given a draft of a plat map by Sam Schultz, the Mt. Pleasant Community Development Manager. The same plat map was given to the Mahoney’s neighbors.
On November 21, the official relocation orders were filed with the Racine County Clerk- the Mahoneys and other neighbors are of the opinion that the relocation orders are simply not valid because they do not represent the ones which were approved by the Village Board.
To add to this, Kim Mahoney has posed a question regarding jurisdiction- the relocation orders and plat involve Highway H and KR. So, should these plans not be subject to the approval of the governing authority- the county?
Read the other parts of the series here:
- Trade War: Foxconn Exiting China? June 17, 2019
- State DOJ Seeks to Block EPA From Foxconn Ozone Standards June 13, 2019
- Foxconn Says it Will Build Servers & Other Electronics in WI June 12, 2019
- Retail/Hospitality Center Proposed Near Foxconn Site June 10, 2019
- New Details Emerge on Foxconn’s Wisconsin Factory June 7, 2019
- Foxconn Building Height Permit to Go to Public Hearing June 6, 2019
- Huawei Denies Cut to Foxconn Production Lines June 5, 2019
- Foxconn Freezes Huawei Handset Fabrication June 3, 2019
- Foxconn Awards Contracts to ‘Wisconsin’ Firms May 30, 2019
- EPA Backs Away from Smog Breaks for Foxconn May 28, 2019